How to set up your development environment for Cordova and run a sample application. Note that Cordova used to be called PhoneGap, so some of the sites still use the old PhoneGap name. Applications built with Apache Cordova for Windows Phone 8 will only run on Windows Phone 8 device If you are looking to target both 7.5 and 8, then you should be using Apache Cordova for Windows Phone 7, which does not have all the new shiny features included in IE10, but implements the same APIs.
- Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro
- The 64-bit version (x64) of Windows
- The Pro version is recommended so you can run a device emulator.
- Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro
- 6.5 GB of free hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM
- 64-bit (x64) CPU
Windows Phone 8 Emulator
- The phone emulator uses Hyper-V, so this list includes those pre-reqs.
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition or greater
- Requires a processor that supports virtualization
- Enable the virtualization capability (i.e., VT-x on Intel) in your BIOS settings, as usually this is disabled by default.
SDK + IDE ( Visual Studio )
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional, Premium, or Ultimate. Ok, note that Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone (included in the SDK) is not recommended because you can not build the template (see below) with VS Express, as it does not have the “Export Template” functionality, which is only in VS Pro or higher.
- Download and install Windows Phone SDK
- Download latest copy of Cordova and extract its contents. We will be working with the sub folder: lib\windows-phone-8\
- copy the file CordovaWP8AppFull-x.x.x.zip to the folder : \My Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Templates\ProjectTemplates\
In order to simplify the development process, Cordova comes with a Visual Studio template that allows creating a Cordova application rapidly. This template can be modified if needed and the below steps indicate how to proceed if you want to modify and re-generate the template.
- Open the file lib\windows-phone\templates\standalone\CordovaSolution.sln in Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone
- From the file menu, select ‘Export Template…’
- Choose template type ‘Project template’
- Give the exported template a name, ex. CordovaStarter-2.1.0 will produce CordovaStarter-2.1.0.zip
- Optionally, you may add a description, icon image, and Preview image. These are what is displayed in Visual Studio in the ‘New Project’ dialog.-
- Note: If you select ( ‘Automatically import the template … ‘) then you will not need to copy the .zip file over as outlined in step 2.
- Press FINISH
Jangan lupa subscribe JANUARYAN.com dan CODEYAN.com untuk mendapatkan artikel terbaru seputar teknologi, games, programming, Virtual Reality, Insight, Ideation, Startup, Opinion dll. Ikuti kami juga di sosial media di Facebook JANUARYAN dan CODEYAN, GooglePlus JANUARYAN dan CODEYAN, channel Youtube Ryan RA dan Januaryan Games, di Twitter untuk mendapatkan update terbaru dari @JanuaryanID dan @ranjaniryan.